Speaker's Corner...

7:29 AM Miriam 0 Comments

The next event that took place is English Week and I participated in the Speaker's Corner.

What I can say about Speaker's Corner is.... It's so intimidating. So scary. It was at the middle of the campus where everyone can pass by and just watch. *shivers* Just thinking about it is scary but the experience was enlightening. My topic was about Sex Education in Malaysia. On whether it should be practised or not. Well, I left it to the audience to think about the topic. Overall it was a nice experience!! And I won third place! ^^ Didn't expect to win but thank God that I did.

The hamper that I own I shared it with the class and also Miss Jam. Thanks to them I had the courage to go up there and talk. Maybe I'll participated again next time with more courage! :)

The other contestant were great as well. I could learn a lot from the way they talked. Speaking in front of a crowd really takes a lot of courage and bravery. And also we can't show our fear in front of the audience. Besides that, we have to talk with confidence and clearly so that the audience understands us.

An experience that is really interesting!! I really improved on my speaking skills that day :)

0 comments: